TransArabizers Tips and Tricks towards Successful Freelancing (Translation)
READ – WRITE – PRACTICE – CHECK – COMPARE & ANALYZE
– A lesson or a page from an English Grammar Book.
– A lesson or a page from an Arabic Grammar Book.
– A page from a translation book that paves the way towards knowing new techniques (general “Beginner” then specialized “Experienced”).
– A page in Arabic and in English from a Newspaper/ Magazine while pinpointing expressions/ idioms that enriches your vocabulary.
– Bilingual Translations critically-wise.
2 – WRITE
– Down what you are reading in a quick way for time-saving purposes.
– Down your opinion and relate what you read daily to each other.
– Down cultural relations and linguistic differences that your mind highlights.
– Down comparative bilingual notes.
– Translation even if you don’t have tasks to be fulfilled. Pick up a page and translate it yourself for effective self-education.
– Monolingual dictionaries towards better language grasp (helps grasping more collocations and synonyms).
5- COMPARE & ANALYZE
– Every single line you translate. Never stop your “BACK TRANSLATION” approach towards top-notch quality.
Remain faithful to the above and believe me this will be rewarding.
To be continued!